I am really excited about performing with Lollo Meier Quartet in March this year for another UK tour.
- Sunday 17 March 2019 – Le QuecumBar, London – There will be a Gypsy Jazz guitar masterclass on this day too. If you want to learn guitar with Lollo on this day, click on this link for more info: https://www.quecumbar.co.uk/events/2019-03-17-gypsy-jazz-masterclass-with-lollo-meier-le-quecumbar
- Monday 18 March 2019 – Le QuecumBar, London
- Tuesday 19 March 2019 – The Garlic Farm, Sandown, Isle of Wight
- Wednesday 20th March 2019 – Zelda’s Jazz Room, Wantage
- Thursday 21st March 2019 – Pizza Express Live, Birmingham
- Friday 22nd March 2019 – Castle Park Arts Centre, Frodsham
Lollo Meier – Solo Guitar
Andre Doni – Clarinet
Filippo Dall’Asta – Rhythm Guitar
Umberto Calentini – Double Bass
The Legendary Dutch Gypsy Swing guitar Master, composer, bandleader and arranger, Lollo comes from an elite family of Gypsy players. His goal: to carry on the music of Django, with a style and technique thats traditional, melodious, lyrical, sensitive and joyful. His mellifluous compositions have a refreshing authentic Django flavour and are played with extraordinary talent, unique style and amazing suppleness that clearly reflects that he makes music he loves. His Quartet is sought after around the globe for private functions and renowned jazz festivals, famous for playing lesser known Django tunes and his own compositions. A man of style, grace and humour, Lollos pure melodious playing touches his audiences and makes Djangos music as fresh today as it was 80 years ago. As well as performing, he spends much of his time teaching sought-after master-classes, sharing his artistry and passing down Djangos legacy. A remarkable man, with a remarkable style of playing. Out of 15,000 world entries in the 2005 International Song Writing competition, Nashville USA, Lollo Meier became a finalist with Melody for Le QuecumBar, with honouree status and became part of the top 1.4% of entrants.